Regulations for Issuing Professional Licenses for Teachers:
The regulations were approved pursuant to a decision issued by the Education and Training Evaluation Commission's (ETEC) Board of Directors in the 11th meeting of its First Cycle dated 14/11/1440H (corresponding to 17/7/2019).
Amendments to the regulations were approved based on a decision issued by the Board of Directors' Executive Committee, pursuant to the Board of Directors’ delegation of said Committee in this
regard on 8/11/1441H corresponding to 29/6/2020.
Professional Standards and Tracks for Teachers:
These involve the knowledge teachers should possess and the practices in which they should engage in line with the values and responsibilities of the teaching profession. Determining such knowledge and practices is based on the professional standards and tracks issued by ETEC.
Specialized Standards for Professional Licenses for Teachers:
There are currently 37 approved specializations for professional licensing tests for teachers. The professional standards for these specializations have been developed as illustrated in the material attached.
Approved Tests for the Professional Licensing of Teachers:
The professional licensing test for teachers is composed of two main tests:
· General educational test
· Specialized test
· General Educational Test
The general educational test covers general education topics common to all specializations in the teaching profession, including the following:
- Domain 1: Professional values and responsibilities Domain 2: Professional knowledge
- Domain 3: Professional practice
- These areas are measured according to 10 main standards:
- Standard 1: Adherence to moderate Islamic values and professional ethics and strengthening of national identity
- Standard 2: Continuous professional development
- Standard 3: Professional engagement with educators and society
- Standard 4: Knowledge in verbal and quantitative skills
- Standard 5: Knowledge of students and their learning
- Standard 6: Knowledge of specialized content and methods of teaching
- Standard 7: Knowledge of general teaching methods
- Standard 8: Planning and implementing teaching
- Standard 9: Creating interactive and supportive learning environments for learners
- Standard 10: Evaluation
· Specialized Test
The specialized test covers the fields and standards of each relevant specialization.